Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Adjusting severity of inspections
SleepyBobos
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:11:25 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I am currently evaluating NCrunch. Several web projects failed to build initially due to issues like <meta> tag not closed etc. Fairly trivial issues. I fixed these an I am away. All good and it's great that NCrunch picked up legitimate issues with the code.

However I am working in a team of devs and want to match NCrunch's build logic with Visual Studio, ie avoid the situation where Visual Studio didn't failed to build it but NCrunch did.

Is there a way to adjust the level to which NCrunch inspects the code during a build?
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:40:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

NCrunch itself won't be responsible for giving off the errors/warnings that you're seeing in your code. This is instead done by MSBuild, where it executes various targets that call into toolsets.

By design, NCrunch does try to match its build with VS as closely as possible. There are some unfortunate limitations that prevent this from reaching 100%, mostly due to the fact that NCrunch needs to relocate and rewire projects in order to sandbox them for build/test execution.

If you're experiencing a situation where NCrunch's build is picking up trivial issues with your code that VS doesn't detect, then this could be due to a platform or configuration difference during the build run. See http://www.ncrunch.net/documentation/considerations-and-constraints_project-build-platform-and-configuration for more information on how NCrunch handles platform and configuration differently to VS.