Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

No build output
qute
#1 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 8:41:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ncrunch is failing to compile one of my projects but there is no build output.

Is it saved in a file?
How do I get it to show in Visual Studio?
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 10:57:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Usually if you have a build failure but no error, it means there's been an internal problem in NCrunch. The best thing you can do in this situation is go to have a look at the project in the processing queue. The queue will often have a much more physical view of the error. If you can copy/paste the error I should be able to help you resolve it.
qute
#3 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 12:11:48 PM(UTC)

Remco;755 wrote:
Usually if you have a build failure but no error, it means there's been an internal problem in NCrunch. The best thing you can do in this situation is go to have a look at the project in the processing queue. The queue will often have a much more physical view of the error. If you can copy/paste the error I should be able to help you resolve it.

[13:09:19.9684-BuildTask-37] ERROR (Internal): System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength)
at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceBuilder.#=qenuhp10YEu8kK1QgmqfeyI5z15xX6MeUNNMLfaqP5Os=(SnapshotComponentMember #=qOSnhFnNu2kukizoT7OarUA==)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceBuilder.#=qK7jczquFX4MYfgrhbJCOvwWUksgwBs4Fy$ip8_IoBBM=(IEnumerable`1 #=qO97dYaA_QYYbwNWwcFToMQ==)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceBuilder.BuildWorkspaceForComponent(SnapshotComponent component, String workspacePath)
at nCrunch.Core.WorkspaceManagement.WorkspaceManager.GetWorkspaceForComponent(SnapshotComponent snapshotComponent)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildEnvironment.Build(SnapshotComponent snapshotComponentToBuild, IList`1 referencedComponents)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildTask.DoProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.ProcessingTask.ProcessTaskAndReturnSuccessFlag()
at nCrunch.Core.Processing.ProcessingQueue.#=q1dEw74QvFCHZvLaC0gI4_g==(ProcessingTask #=qQGKNQUwpcPIMHmMcq9HbgA==)

I think I read about this error. I should move ncrunch closer to the root right?
qute
#4 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 1:45:27 PM(UTC)

Does this help?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx#maxpath

Can you solve the problem this way?

I'm trying to get ncrunch into my project, but I don't think I can convince my boss to change paths around in the project to use ncrunch :-(
Hopefully the next version will have a fix or at least a message with a filename
Remco
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 3:49:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
You may be able to solve this by changing the base path for your NCrunch workspaces.

Basically, you need to move the workspaces closer to the root of the disk. This will reduce the length of the file paths and should resolve the problem.

Thanks for providing the exception - I'll make a note to improve the error message so it better explains the issue and how you can resolve it.

Cheers,

Remco
qute
#6 Posted : Monday, December 19, 2011 8:29:03 AM(UTC)

Remco;760 wrote:
You may be able to solve this by changing the base path for your NCrunch workspaces.

Basically, you need to move the workspaces closer to the root of the disk. This will reduce the length of the file paths and should resolve the problem.

Thanks for providing the exception - I'll make a note to improve the error message so it better explains the issue and how you can resolve it.

That solved my problem. Thanks.
1 user thanked qute for this useful post.
Remco on 12/19/2011(UTC)