Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Microsoft.Alm.Shared.Remoting.Remot...
powerdude
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 4:25:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

After quite a bit of time, this "process" ends up being about 3.5GB and i end up having to kill VS. I don't know what's going on, but it really starts to hurt productivity. Any insight into this? I have a big solution (16) projects, but only one test project being handled by NCrunch. I should add i'm using 2.10.0.4. I see there's another version, but i won't be able to install it until the weekend hopefully.

thanks

cliff
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 5, 2015 9:04:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Cliff,

Sorry, it looks like the topic for your post was a bit long and the forum truncated it. My guess is that this contained vital information about the failure you're experiencing. Unless you can give me any more information, I'm assuming this is a memory consumption problem.

NCrunch v2.11 introduced a major feature called 'Engine separation', in which the NCrunch engine is hosted outside of devenv.exe - see here for more information about this.

I highly recommend upgrading to the latest version. The major motive behind the engine separation was to fix memory consumption issues inside devenv.exe. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.