Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

CTRL and ALT keys stop working
JasonMore
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 3:51:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I submitted a bug report with this text, but figured I'd open up a thread in case anyone else runs across this issue.

For some reason, one of the integration tests in my project is calling "AppDomain.Unload(AppDomain.CurrentDomain)" under a strange circumstance that I am still investigating. When nCrunch comes across this line, it turns off, and gives this error:

"NCrunch was unable to retrieve a meaningful result from this test due to an unexpected error - was the execution process terminated?"

All of this is fine, but for some reason my CTRL keys and ALT keys stop working when I have the Visual Studio Extension "Powercommands for Visual Studio 2010" installed.

I realize this is an edge case, but I thought I'd let you know anyways.

Thanks!
Jason

[EDIT]
I forgot to mention that this behavior only happens when you click the "Run selected Test(s) with the debugger" button from ncrunch. Normal ncrunch processing works just fine.
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2012 10:02:12 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi Jason,

Thanks for posting!

The issue with your integration test makes sense. NCrunch records results from the tests under execution using the current appdomain, so if you unload it then you'll unload the test results with it. What is the objective of this test? You may find it useful to host the test in its own temporary appdomain - or if you are using the appdomain.unload in order to exit the test, perhaps raising an exception would be a tidier alternative.

I'll take a look at the CTRL and ALT key issue with powercommands. Thanks for reporting this one.

Cheers,

Remco