Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Override [ExlusivelyUses] for specific test?
GreenMoose
#1 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 12:37:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Hi.

Is there a way I override the ExclusivelyUses so NCrunch run these tests in parallell, even though base class has ExclusivelyUses set?

My scenario is this: I have a lot of integration tests dealing with database and they derive from a base fixture e.g. "DatabaseTest". To avoid deadlocking issues I have added [ExclusivelyUses("DatabaseWrite")] for that "DatabaseTest" base class.

Now some of the tests (quite many due to TestcaseSource attribute usage) are only read operations or are not even touching database and I would like these to flag that "these are NOT exlusively using DatabaseWrite".

Thanks.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, April 24, 2017 1:17:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

From what I can remember, NCrunch will always aggregate the ExclusivelyUses attribute values down through the inheritance structure. This means that once it's been declared on a base class, there isn't any way to then undeclare it on a descendant. Sorry, I can't think of any workaround here other than to change the design of the tests. It may be that you need to introduce a variation in your inheritance structure so that some of your integration tests have a different base class, allowing you to move the ExclusivelyUses declaration so it is more tightly targeted.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
GreenMoose on 4/24/2017(UTC)