Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch v3.11 - nCrunch.VSIntegration2017.dll could not be found.
TPJoeC
#1 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 7:13:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I wondering if anyone here can help me.
I've just installed the latest release version of NCrunch for Visual Studio 2017.
The menus have disappeared from Visual Studio. I've tried all the reinstall / fixing steps on the support page without any luck.

Looking at the Visual Studio Activity log I get the following message -
<errorinfo>The assembly at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software\NCrunch for Visual Studio 2017\nCrunch.VSIntegration2017.dll' could not be found.</errorinfo>

The .dll is there. File permissions appear to be correct.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kind regards

Joe
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 8:32:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting.

Something to check is whether the O/S is blocking access to this through its magic 'blocking' feature.

Try right clicking on this file in Windows explorer and choosing Properties, then look to see if there is an option to 'Unblock' the file. If the option exists, you'll need to unblock ALL files in the NCrunch installation dir.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
TPJoeC on 9/18/2017(UTC)
TPJoeC
#3 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 8:45:52 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your help Remco.

Numpty award goes to me.
I was so focused on checking the actual security permissions I did not notice that the file was blocked.
I've unblocked all the files in the directory just to make sure.

Now I've got the following error -

<description>CreateInstance failed for package [nCrunch.VSIntegration2010.CrunchPackage, nCrunch.VSIntegration2017, Version=3.11.0.9, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=01d101bf6f3e0aea]Source: &apos;mscorlib&apos; Description: Could not load file or assembly &apos;file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software\NCrunch for Visual Studio 2017\nCrunch.VSIntegration2017.dll&apos; or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)&#x000D;&#x000A;System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly &apos;file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software\NCrunch for Visual Studio 2017\nCrunch.VSIntegration2017.dll&apos; or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)&#x000D;&#x000A;File name: &apos;file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software\NCrunch for Visual Studio 2017\nCrunch.VSIntegration2017.dll&apos; ---&gt; System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark&amp; stackMark)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo)&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)&#x000D;&#x000A;&#x000D;&#x000A;System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.</description>

Should I do what it suggests? Or is there another suggested action?
Remco
#4 Posted : Monday, September 18, 2017 9:02:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
This is almost certainly a continuation of the file blocking problem. When the files are decompressed, windows will block every single one. If there is a single DLL that is still blocked when you try to load the package, you'll see this error or something like it. Make sure you've unblocked everything, including the files stored in the subdirectories.