Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

How to pin new tests from the code window?
jbuedel
#1 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 4:46:31 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If I have a [Test] method open in the code window how do I rapidly add it to the test queue (that's called 'pinning', right)? Right click doesn't seem to show me anything, nor does interacting with the little circles. It seems I have to go to the Tests window, show all, then find my test, and then pin it.

The circle nav is not offering me a "pin covering test to Tests Window". Probably because this is a brand new test and has not yet been run.

I'd like to be able to click on any test (or testfixture) and pin that test (or fixture of tests) immediately.
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 9:06:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Yeah - this is annoying. I've been thinking that the best way to solve this would probably be to have an option that allows new tests to be pinned automatically, as when you're working in 'pinned' mode, all new test that you write are likely to be tests you'd want to run immediately. What are your thoughts on this?
jbuedel
#3 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 3:36:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think there should be two additions. Firstly, if engine mode is 'Run all tests automatically', then do auto pin and run any new tests just as soon as they appear. For the other settings of engine mode, do not auto pin.

Second, there should be an option available to pin any test or test fixture from the code view. It could be available via right click on the test or fixture name, or possibly as one of the little circles that appears on the line containing the test or fixture name.
1 user thanked jbuedel for this useful post.
Remco on 3/5/2012(UTC)