Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Unable to resize columns in Processing Queue window
aled
#1 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 3:25:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I'm running windows 7, vs2010, and ncrunch 1.37.0.46b.

I have found it impossible to set the column widths in processing queue window. Mostly they end up really small, and showing just the three dots. Attempting to widen the column either has no effect, or instead widens the wrong column.

Currently, in my installation, the 2 leftmost columns are tiny (with the three dots) and the others are massive (like, 50 screen widths or something), no idea how this happened. In the screenshot you can see how wide it is by the horizontal scrollbar.

ncrunch.png

Cheers, Aled.
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, March 5, 2012 8:24:38 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
This is definitely not right ... Do you notice this problem on any of the other windows? (i.e. tests window). Does the problem resolve itself the next time you start visual studio? Did the window ever appear correct (or was it this way to start with)?
aled
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 11:43:49 AM(UTC)

This problem does not occur in the tests window, that works fine and I am able to resize columns with no problem there

I disabled ncrunch, restarted visual studio, and then enabled ncrunch. The problem appeared to be fixed for a minute, I was able to resize columns and select 'best fit'. Then it went wrong again, in this screenshot, the 'Target' column and the two to the right of it cannot be resized, either by dragging or by selecting 'best fit'. The 'Task', 'Status' and 'Priority' columns can be resized by dragging only, 'best fit' has no effect.

I think the first time I used it it was OK for a short time then went wrong.

ncrunch2.png
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:24:55 PM(UTC)

Do you have any extraordinarily long test/fixture names in your project? I.e. more than 200 characters.
aled
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 4:48:21 PM(UTC)

No, maximum is about 60.

Aled.
Remco
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 6:47:32 PM(UTC)

Sorry I just have a few more questions as so far I don't yet have a way to reproduce this problem:

Does the processing queue start this way the first time you open up NCrunch on your usual solution?

Does it do this on any other solutions (that you've noticed)?

If it doesn't start this way, do you notice anything specific that causes the issue to occur? (i.e. only kicks in just after NCrunch has built a project)

Thanks!

Remco
aled
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:26:20 PM(UTC)

1. I reloaded the solution shown in post #3 in a new instance of visual studio, and it no longer looks like that. Still broken but now the 'target' column is very small and cannot be resized.
2. I created a new solution, and it has the same problem
3. Simply resizing columns is enough to make it go wrong, e.g in a new solution move the line between 'status' and 'target' to the left (i.e. make 'status' smaller). Now move the line between 'target' and 'priority' to the right. The column does not resize.

Cheers, Aled.
Mark
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:02:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Remco,
I noticed the same issue in my solution today. The Target column I believe was the one that started really small so I tried to enlarge it by dragging it's right bar to the right and the Priority column increased in size which was the column directly to it's right. As I started playing with the bars to figure out what was going on I managed to collapse my status column down to the smallest size and my priority, processing time, expected processing time all ended up obnoxiously large. Version 1.38b is the version I'm using.

Also, win 7 32 bit, VS 2010, R# 6.1.1 installed.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out.
Thanks,
Mark
Remco
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:31:44 PM(UTC)

Thanks Mark!

I'm currently looking into this issue. It appears to be a problem with the underlying control, and I'm looking for a workaround/fix. I'll update everyone when I have more information.

Cheers,

Remco
Remco
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:29:07 PM(UTC)

Ok - I have a fix for this issue that will be released with the next version of NCrunch (1.39b). Some of the columns had a fixed position. You may be able to work around this by increasing the size of the processing queue window and resizing or removing some of the columns that aren't fixed to make space.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
Mark on 3/15/2012(UTC)