Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch errors after update to latest version 3.20
JulianGuppy
#1 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 1:36:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

NCrunch (which is wonderful) has starting throwing errors since I updated it to the latest version this morning.

So everything was working perfectly prior to the upgrade (which it prompted me to do).

Since updating and restarting the machine I am now getting the following and similar messages :-

System.IO.FileNotFoundException : Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\NCrunch\24252\11_ncrunchreferences\System.Net.Http.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at UnitTests.xxx.nnn.com.Controllers.Application.GetTests.WhenTheManagerCallFails()

However, my NUnit tests still pass, so its just affecting NCrunch? any ideas I have looked in the forum, and on SO and not found any clues... anybody have any advice?

a) I have already tried the Pre-load all assembly references into test environment to true to see if this fixes the issue, but to no avail. – julian guppy 42 mins ago
b) I have checked the folder in question and I can See System.Net.Http.Dll, so I am therefore assuming its some sort of dependency, but what that might be that NCrunch is now demanding be present I do not know.. –

Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 1:26:33 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

In v3.19/v3.20, we had to urgently address some assembly referencing issues that were introduced by the VS 15.8 update. It's possible that in doing this, we've broken something at your end.

Can you check whether turning on the 'Copy referenced assemblies to workspace' setting makes any difference in this behaviour?

Is this a .NET Framework or a .NET Core project?
JulianGuppy
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:14:31 AM(UTC)

This is a .net framework, and copy referenced assemblies does seem to work, but of course makes it much much slower and i get loads of warnings about that..... I am hoping you can fix asap
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:14:40 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the extra details. We're aware of this problem but are struggling to find a way to reproduce it. See here for a related report from another user.

If you're able to share a sample project that can reproduce the issue, I'm fairly certain we should be able to get to the bottom of it. You can submit small code samples through the NCrunch contact form.
Remco
#5 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 6:15:21 AM(UTC)

JulianGuppy
#6 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2018 11:58:45 AM(UTC)

ok i Have downloaded, installed the ncrunch, switched OFF the copy dlls local and I will let you know how it goes
Remco
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2018 6:05:46 AM(UTC)