Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

TFS Test Results Integration
dxbydt
#1 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 9:36:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is there a way to get TFS to utilize the NCrunch results for its Test Results and Code Coverage reports? Would this require a new plugin as a new feature?
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 11:44:23 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
dxbydt;12777 wrote:
Is there a way to get TFS to utilize the NCrunch results for its Test Results and Code Coverage reports? Would this require a new plugin as a new feature?

Yes, unfortunately. This would require deep integration with TFS. I am not knowledgeable enough about TFS to know what is possible in this area or how much effort is involved. What I can say, however, is that it would require considerable commitment to maintaining the integration point. TFS development moves very fast (like everything else these days), so it's safe to assume that whatever integration is introduced would need to be extensively tested with every new version of TFS released, and also regression tested with all prior versions.

Right now we're struggling to keep up with changes in the platform, and the speed with which MS is moving only seems to be increasing. I don't think we're going to get the capacity to maintain an integration point with TFS.