Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch borks R# test runner (all test frameworks) when R# gallio plugin installed
thirkcircus
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 7:59:01 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hi,

this has been a problem since Nov 2011 (first noticed with ncrunch 1.35.16b).
when ncrunch is installed and gallio plugin enabled for R#, resharper won't recognise or run any tests in the solution (for any test framework - I'm using mbunit, xunit and mspec).

currently have installed VS2010 SP1, ncrunch 1.38b and gallio plugin from nightly builds (GallioBundle-3.3.630.0-Setup-x64 in order to support R# 6.1).
In theory i could just use ncrunch as my test runner, even for long-running (mbunit) integration tests - but (unrelated issue, initially looks like something to do with codecontracts) I can't get ncrunch to build the entire solution, only some projects.

workaround is either uninstall ncrunch or disable gallio plugin - neither of which is great.
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:25:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks - I remember an earlier report of this problem and a fix was introduced speculatively. I'm not sure if this was from the same nightly build of Gallio. I'll make a note to inspect the build revision you've mentioned to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Are you able to share any more details about the NCrunch build issues you're having with code contracts?
thirkcircus
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 8, 2012 8:31:09 PM(UTC)

yes, will def chase down ncrunch codecontracts issue - likely late next week sorry as we're already behind for our next release. ;)
ncrunch and gallio plugin - any help knowing where to look or how to fix would be appreciated. R# error/issue logging is shall we say, sparse at best!!

cheers
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 3:27:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
I wish I had a fast answer for you, but unfortunately to understand problems like this I first need to build a test environment in which I can reproduce and analyse them. While I'm confident that I can do this (given the information you've provided), I'll need to fit it around everything else, so I may be a little while before I can get back to you.

If you're able to share any more details about the code contracts problem, I can probably give a faster workaround/solution to this (as it will likely be more isolated). This would probably be the fastest way I can help with getting you up and running :)

Cheers,

Remco
thirkcircus
#5 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2012 3:39:58 AM(UTC)

that's fine - i'm not actually worried about the gallio plugin now.
spent a few hours today converting all our long-running integration tests from mbunit/xunit over to nunit using the hack of putting the test order into the name. dirty but it works. ;)
going to enjoy my weekend now - finally rid of the nothing-but-pain that is gallio (particularly wrt R#). should have done it months ago!!

will chase down the code contracts problem asap - and will fire up a separate forum post for it.
cheers
justin

btw, you're in AK aren't you? if you're interested, let me know (at Xero) when you're next down in wellington - would be awesome to get you along to show the dev team what ncrunch does.
i'm going to be shouting its praises to the others (not sure if anyone else here is using it yet) but even better to hear about it from the person who created it. :)
1 user thanked thirkcircus for this useful post.
Remco on 3/9/2012(UTC)