Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Could not locate the assembly "System.ValueTuple"
NuvasiveIOS
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 6:02:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

My project has a dependency on System.ValueTuple that is downloaded with NuGet. Everything builds fine in Visual Studio and our build server but fails to build with NUnit.

It appears that the NCrunch logic is removing the reference to System.ValueTuple within the csproj because of the "System" part of the name. If I rename the dll and update the reference to "Test.ValueTuple", it now sees it and compile just fine. Is there a configuration to make all references be included?
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:02:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 909 time(s) in 865 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue.

NCrunch has no special logic targeting this Nuget package. There must be something else in your build system causing this. Do you have any binding redirections in place? Can you confirm which version of NCrunch you are using?

Out of interest, how are you adding the reference to System.ValueType? This package doesn't seem to exist for me under Nuget .. I think it's an implicitly handled platform dependency.
NuvasiveIOS
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:30:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

It's ValueTuple, not ValueType. Here's the nuget package in reference:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/System.ValueTuple/

It comes by default with .net 4.7 but since I'm using 4.6.1 it needs to be referenced by the nuget package. What's curious is if i simply rename the DLL and the reference in the csproj, then it is referenced in the csproj that NCrunch creates in AppData. I believe it's tied to the fact that it has "System" as part of its name and thus filters it out but I cannot confirm that.
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:46:20 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 909 time(s) in 865 post(s)
My apologies. I've been staring at value types so long that I was completely confused.

Are you able to build a sample project that can produce this problem? I can't seem to get this to happen on my end with a standard project template. You can submit code via https://www.ncrunch.net/support/contact.