Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VS 2019 RTM - NCrunch - Test Window/Settings Window not taking theme into account
UppSol
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:40:56 AM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2019(UTC)
Posts: 7
Location: Austria

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi,
NCrunch is working fine so far in VS 2019 RTM, but I found one little problem, the NCrunch Test Window/Settings Window is white event when I use the black theme.
If I switch to another theme NCrunch is using the correct color for the NCrunch Test Window/Settins Window. (Switching from black to blue theme and back does not help)
Optimize rendering for screen with different pixel densities.... is greyed out and not active.

br
michaelkroes
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:48:38 AM(UTC)
Rank: NCrunch Developer

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 122
Location: Netherlands

Thanks: 52 times
Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to submit this.

Unfortunately this is working on my machines. Would you mind submitting a bug report from the NCrunch menu? This might tell us a bit more. If not we might need to add some more logging to this process.
UppSol
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 5:44:56 AM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2019(UTC)
Posts: 7
Location: Austria

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
michaelkroes;13308 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to submit this.

Unfortunately this is working on my machines. Would you mind submitting a bug report from the NCrunch menu? This might tell us a bit more. If not we might need to add some more logging to this process.


done, don't know how I can link it here, maybe you can do it?
br
1 user thanked UppSol for this useful post.
michaelkroes on 4/3/2019(UTC)
michaelkroes
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:03:07 AM(UTC)
Rank: NCrunch Developer

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 122
Location: Netherlands

Thanks: 52 times
Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Thanks, I've got it. I really appreciate you taking the time to report this :)

It gives us some information. It seems that the wpf structure of your visual studio instance is slightly different than mine. I'm going to implement a speculative fix for this, with added logging if that fix fails.

I'll report back when I have a dev build for you to test.
1 user thanked michaelkroes for this useful post.
UppSol on 4/3/2019(UTC)
UppSol
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 7:06:46 AM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2019(UTC)
Posts: 7
Location: Austria

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
michaelkroes;13312 wrote:
Thanks, I've got it. I really appreciate you taking the time to report this :)

It gives us some information. It seems that the wpf structure of your visual studio instance is slightly different than mine. I'm going to implement a speculative fix for this, with added logging if that fix fails.

I'll report back when I have a dev build for you to test.


big thx!
michaelkroes
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 11:46:07 AM(UTC)
Rank: NCrunch Developer

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 122
Location: Netherlands

Thanks: 52 times
Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I've made a new build. This contains a speculative fix for your issue. If it doesn't work could you submit another bug report? This should provide us with more information.

NCrunch_Console_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_Console_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_GridNodeServer_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_GridNodeServer_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_LicenseServer_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2008_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2010_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2010_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2012_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2012_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2013_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2013_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.1.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.1.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.1.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.1.zip


Release notes for 3.26.0.1 since version v3.25.0.3


Made the detection of Visual Studio colour theme changes more robust

Fixed an issue where the NCrunch console tool was trying to use versions of VS that were not installed.

We started showing the Status Icon before opening the first solution. This will improve the visibility of NCrunch under Visual Studio 2019.

Added an indicator at our top level menu that will show when NCrunch isn't loaded yet by Visual Studio 2019.

Added a hint to the shortcuts on the Status Icon Window

Added a global shortcut with the keys ALT+U to open the new corner context menu under Visual Studio 2019.
UppSol
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:51:15 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/21/2019(UTC)
Posts: 7
Location: Austria

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
michaelkroes;13316 wrote:
I've made a new build. This contains a speculative fix for your issue. If it doesn't work could you submit another bug report? This should provide us with more information.

NCrunch_Console_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_Console_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_GridNodeServer_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_GridNodeServer_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_LicenseServer_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2008_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2010_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2010_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2012_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2012_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2013_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2013_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.1.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.1.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.1.zip
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.1.msi
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.1.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.1.zip


Release notes for 3.26.0.1 since version v3.25.0.3


Made the detection of Visual Studio colour theme changes more robust

Fixed an issue where the NCrunch console tool was trying to use versions of VS that were not installed.

We started showing the Status Icon before opening the first solution. This will improve the visibility of NCrunch under Visual Studio 2019.

Added an indicator at our top level menu that will show when NCrunch isn't loaded yet by Visual Studio 2019.

Added a hint to the shortcuts on the Status Icon Window

Added a global shortcut with the keys ALT+U to open the new corner context menu under Visual Studio 2019.


Hi,
NCrunch Test/Configuration window now uses the correct theme (black in my case).
Only right clicking on NCrunch icon in the right edge shows a white menu with black text (Disable NCrunch, Engine Mode, ..... About, Help me!) <-- maybe that's by intention?

Thx for the fast fix!
Renè
1 user thanked UppSol for this useful post.
michaelkroes on 4/4/2019(UTC)
michaelkroes
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:00:51 AM(UTC)
Rank: NCrunch Developer

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 122
Location: Netherlands

Thanks: 52 times
Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Good catch on the context menu, I'll fix that :)
michaelkroes
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:09:34 AM(UTC)
Rank: NCrunch Developer

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2017(UTC)
Posts: 122
Location: Netherlands

Thanks: 52 times
Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 22 post(s)
I've created a new build that fixes the colour of the context menu and allows you to use the "u" key once more.

NCrunch_Console_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_Console_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_GridNodeServer_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_GridNodeServer_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_LicenseServer_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_VS2008_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2010_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2010_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_VS2012_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2012_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_VS2013_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2013_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.2.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2015_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.2.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2017_3.26.0.2.zip
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.2.msi
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.2.msi.7z
NCrunch_VS2019_3.26.0.2.zip


Release notes for 3.26.0.2 since version v3.25.0.3


Bound the new corner context menu to the colour scheme.

Changed the handling of our global hotkey ALT+U, it should be possible to use the U character once more.

Made the detection of Visual Studio colour theme changes more robust

Fixed an issue where the NCrunch console tool was trying to use versions of VS that were not installed.

We started showing the Status Icon before opening the first solution. This will improve the visibility of NCrunch under Visual Studio 2019.

Added an indicator at our top level menu that will show when NCrunch isn't loaded yet by Visual Studio 2019.

Added a hint to the shortcuts on the Status Icon Window

Added a global shortcut with the keys ALT+U to open the new corner context menu under Visual Studio 2019.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

YAF | YAF © 2003-2011, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.068 seconds.