Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Vs2019: Disable Alt+U shortcut somehow?
GreenMoose
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:45:31 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
[v3.27.0.3]

I have installed extension https://marketplace.visu...vgeny.RestoreExtensions which brings back NCrunch in main menu with Alt+U shortcut.

However when I use the Alt+U shortcut in my test window, which is located on a secondary monitor, NCrunch's new Alt+U shortcut overrides the main menu and pops up the menu at a weird location (top right in my case).

Can I disable NCrunch's Alt+U behavior in some way in order to get the "normal" menu to always show?
(According to VStudio's keyboard binding Alt+U it does not seem to be tied to any available command).

Thanks.
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:54:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Right now, the Alt+U hook is built in and 'normal' behaviour is not available in any form. We'd like to avoid adding a special configuration setting to control it (since we have too many already), and we're examining options here. Right now there's still the possibility that MS may introduce a configuration switch themselves, which might change the ball game here a bit.

We do have a fix coming for the strange location the menu popups up though. A release should be out with this in the next few days.

1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
GreenMoose on 5/23/2019(UTC)
michaelkroes
#3 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 4:10:20 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 59 post(s)
GreenMoose;13517 wrote:
[v3.27.0.3]

However when I use the Alt+U shortcut in my test window, which is located on a secondary monitor, NCrunch's new Alt+U shortcut overrides the main menu and pops up the menu at a weird location (top right in my case).

I was wondering if the latest release solves this problem for you. If it doesn't would you mind posting a screenshot that includes the status icon and the popup?
GreenMoose
#4 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 11:10:22 AM(UTC)

michaelkroes;13521 wrote:
I was wondering if the latest release solves this problem for you. If it doesn't would you mind posting a screenshot that includes the status icon and the popup?

Still same issue with v3.28.0.6, note that popup ends up at this place (in secondary monitor) even if I have a vstudio window focused in 3rd monitor (the one on my right):

*Edit: Tried disabled the Menu extension but then the popup menu always shows up in location below.
*Edit2: Missed this one, "status icon"... I cannot even see such any longer (used to be a green circle at bottom right)

screenshot
GreenMoose
#5 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 11:32:11 AM(UTC)

Problem solved, status bar was hidden by default with vs2019 so when I enabled it in settings, the Alt+U menu appears properly next side to the NCrunch status icon (except when main monitor is in focus, as previous, which is as I want it to be).

Thanks.
1 user thanked GreenMoose for this useful post.
michaelkroes on 5/27/2019(UTC)
michaelkroes
#6 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 6:17:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Thanks for looking into this :)