Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Unable to retrieve property values from build output: Configuration
spolonski
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6:55:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I get following Error:
Code:

[08:43:56.3639-InitialisationQueueTask-14] ERROR (Load): Error occurred during load of component at xxx.csproj: System.Exception: An exception was thrown in the remote environment: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht. ---> System.Exception: Unable to retrieve property values from build output: Configuration
   bei nCrunch.Compiler.BuildDataExtraction.ScalarQueryElement.ParseResultsFromBuildOutput(IList`1 buildOutput)
   bei  ..(IBuildQueryElement )
   bei nCrunch.Common.Containers.ListExtensions.Do[T](IEnumerable`1 list, Action`1 action)
   bei  .(IList`1 )
   bei nCrunch.Compiler.LoadTimeQuery.ExtractQueryResultsFromBuildMessages(IList`1 buildMessages)
   bei nCrunch.Compiler.ComponentAnalysisContext.()
   bei nCrunch.Compiler.ComponentAnalysisContext.AnalyseComponentBuild()
   bei nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.AnalyseComponentBuild(ComponentLoadParameters parameters)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   bei System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   bei nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcMessageProcessor.(CallMethodMessage )
   bei nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.IpcMessageProcessor.ProcessMessageReturningResult(Byte[] data)
   bei nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.RemoteInstance.(Byte[] )
   bei nCrunch.TaskRunner.Ipc.RemoteInstance.Invoke(IMessage msg)
   bei System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   bei nCrunch.Compiler.IRemoteBuildRunner.AnalyseComponentBuild(ComponentLoadParameters parameters)
   bei nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher..(IRemoteBuildRunner )
   bei nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.(Action`1 , FilePath , String , ExternalProcess)
   bei nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.(Action`1 , EffectiveProcessorArchitecture , GridClientId , BuildSystemParameters, IList`1 , Nullable`1 , GridAddress )
   bei nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.AnalyseComponentBuildInExternalProcess(ComponentLoadParameters parameters, IList`1 customEnvironmentVariables)
   bei nCrunch.Client.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentLoader.(EffectiveProcessorArchitecture , String )
   bei nCrunch.Client.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentLoader.CreateComponentFromXml(FilePath projectFilePath, ParsedBuildXml projectXml, FilePath solutionFilePath, String[] additionalFilesToIncludeAtSolutionLevel, Boolean isLoadedFromFile, VisualStudioVersion vsVersion, ComponentUniqueName componentName, TaskSettings componentTaskSettings, Exception parseException, String targetFramework)

How can I fix it?

PS: I am using NCrunch Console Tool v3.25.0.3
spolonski
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 7:22:50 AM(UTC)

I found it. Adodb.dll was not registered. This is strange why adodb is needed? Build must be done on a grid server.
Remco
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:04:36 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
spolonski;13889 wrote:
I found it. Adodb.dll was not registered. This is strange why adodb is needed? Build must be done on a grid server.

This binary isn't a dependency of NCrunch. Most likely something inside the build system is relying on it and the error message you were given is a red herring. Did you manage to get a better error from somewhere informing you of the missing dependency?
spolonski
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:19:26 AM(UTC)

Remco;13890 wrote:
Most likely something inside the build system is relying on it and the error message you were given is a red herring. Did you manage to get a better error from somewhere informing you of the missing dependency?

The project itself uses Adodb. Other projects that do not use Adodb - were loaded correctly.
I run msbuild manually and saw a Warning. It was something in Task "ResolveComReference", but i don't have it anymore.
Remco
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:25:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
A missing dependency of the project itself shouldn't cause the build system to bomb out like this. Normally there should be a reference resolution error. I'm willing to investigate this problem further if you want it looked at, though I would need a sample project that can reproduce it. However, understanding that the problem doesn't present itself for you any more, I wouldn't want you to invest more time in it unless you felt comfortable doing so.
spolonski
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:27:32 AM(UTC)

Here is a Demo.

To reproduce:
* Open Developer Command Promt as Administrator.
* regasmFiles /unregister C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\ADODB\7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\ADODB.dll
* Try to build the project on a grid node.

PS: To register ADODB.dll please call regasmFiles C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\ADODB\7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\ADODB.dll
1 user thanked spolonski for this useful post.
Remco on 9/24/2019(UTC)