Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch 4 - unabled to connect to Grid Node
Der-Albert.com
#1 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:02:34 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I installed GridNode v4.0.2 on the "Crunching Machine", and NCrunch v4.0.2 on my local machine.

It seems that the Network Connection is not reliable enough for NCrunch (a constant VPN from Router to Router). I have a Not connected -> Negotiating -> Initializing Loop.

As far I can tell, the VPN Connection is stable. This means it was up for several hours, i can remote desktop to the Crunching Machine, i can ping it stable (25ms). I restarted
both routers (which also reconnect VPN), I even disabled the Firewall on the Chrunching Machine.

I've updated to v4.1 on both sides, no difference (restartet the machine serveral times).

No connection possible, get a "Connection Failure: Connection was closed" Error on the Errors Tab in the Distributed Processing Window.

I created a detailed log on the Visual Studio side, this is after clicking on connect in the Distributed Processing Window, until Initializing failed.
This log was created with 4.0.2.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmXNl8dqs5HUpf9JUcVZ97BWeNUV2g?e=hD1x38
Der-Albert.com
#2 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:18:36 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Argh, this is great, after a two hours of fiddling around. I decided to make a break, I cleared the tumbler, refill it with fresh stuff from the washing machine. I came back to my machine and it is online. And running the tests.

So, I disconnected und reconnected. Online again (after Initializing and Processing).
MatthewSteeples
#3 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:32:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Maybe the tumbler was interfering with it ;)

On a serious note, we sometimes see something similar. If the bandwidth is constrained too much, it seems to think that the transfer has "timed out" so it disconnects, even though it was still transferring stuff. Once it gets past the problematic file it's fine after that