Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Uningore all referenced projects
Jogge
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 11:29:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi

We're having a solution with a huge amount of projects. It takes forever for NCrunch to finish building and testing.

Sometimes I go to the NCrunch Configuration window and select all projects and sets the value of "Ignore this component completely" to true, and then unignore the specific test project i'm working in. When I do this there is a lot of ignored project reference i also have to unignore. This takes some minutes to fix - but when done NCrunch is fast again. When i'm working on another test project I just unignore this aswell. And at some point i will ignore all projects again.

To my question: Is there a feature where I can select my test project in NCrunch Configuration and unignore this projects and all its referenced projects? Or do you have a better aproach to fix this issue?
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:39:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

Working with gigantic solution spaces is still a bit of a problem in NCrunch. To build test environments, NCrunch needs to have every relevant project in a dependency tree be loaded and built. This greatly limits our ability to work on only a subset of projects in a solution.

Have you tried using the 'Run impacted tests automatically, others manually' mode? This should greatly reduce the amount of work NCrunch needs to do when it spins up.

Beyond this, all I can suggest is to make smaller solutions. Perhaps you can have separate solutions that target different areas of your overall solution space. This would give a much better experience than using the ignore setting, as NCrunch wouldn't be throwing away all the test results and code coverage data every time you changed the setting. The "Ignore this component completely" setting isn't really designed to be turned on and off regularly throughout a session.