Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Change location of NuGet build/testing area
DanAtkinson
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 4:58:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with one of my projects where the NuGet directory is required to be at the root of the hard drive.

However, whilst the projects get loaded on the same drive, NuGet itself is doing its work on a different drive (nominally my C:\).

This results in errors such as the one below:
Quote:
This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is \NuGet\Packages\NUnit.3.12.0\build\NUnit.props.

I've confirmed that this file exists on my D:\ but not on my C:\, however, my org rules prevent me from checking out on the C:\ so I'm stuck on getting this working on this particular project.

How do I change the location of the NuGet work folder to be one of my choosing?

Thanks in advance, Dan
DanAtkinson
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2020 5:06:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Gah! After further reading of the documentation, I found that the setting is called Workspace.

I was searching for everything but this! It would be great if settings had aliases and descriptions so that you can search on both!
Remco
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:27:17 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
DanAtkinson;14585 wrote:
Gah! After further reading of the documentation, I found that the setting is called Workspace.

I was searching for everything but this! It would be great if settings had aliases and descriptions so that you can search on both!

I'm sorry this proved hard to find. Generally, people are more interested in moving their NCrunch workspace/processing directory rather than having anything to do with Nuget. It just so happens that very often the Nuget packages get copied into the workspace anyway, so I guess there's the chance for it to piggyback off this setting. I'm glad you managed to solve the problem.