Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch does not seem to support editorconfig inheritance
ClausAppel3Shape
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:12:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi! This is a follow-up to this thread from some months ago: https://forum.ncrunch.ne...e-warning-severity.aspx

I have this setup: I am using FxCop Analyzers and <WarningsAsErrors/>. In my C# solution I have a global .editorconfig file. In a test project I have an additional .editorconfig that overrides/extends the global one.

Problem: When building the test project, NCrunch only reads the local (overriding) .editorconfig file. It ignores the global .editorconfig. As a result, it reports some errors that I want it to ignore and then fails to compile.

If I didn't have the overriding .editorconfig I could solve it by adding a symlink to the global .editorconfig in each project (as in the thread linked above). Now that I have the overriding one, this trick no longer works.

Is there any way to solve this?

I'm using NCrunch 4.3.0.13, Visual Studio Professional 2019 version 16.4.6., C# 8.

Thanks!
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:28:33 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

I'm not particularly familiar with the mechanics of these files or their purpose, but is it possible that the global editorconfig file simply needs to be present inside the NCrunch workspace? If so, try adding it to the 'Additional files to include' in your NCrunch solution-level configuration.
ClausAppel3Shape
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:40:09 AM(UTC)

Remco;14639 wrote:
I'm not particularly familiar with the mechanics of these files or their purpose, but is it possible that the global editorconfig file simply needs to be present inside the NCrunch workspace? If so, try adding it to the 'Additional files to include' in your NCrunch solution-level configuration.

Thanks. Where do I set "Additional files to include"? I see no such setting when I go to Extensions -> NCrunch -> Configuration and search.
ejball
#5 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 2:00:48 AM(UTC)

I solved this in NCrunch Configuration > General Settings > Build Settings > Custom build properties by adding RunAnalyzers = false.

Remco, you may want to do this automatically (unless Allow code analysis is true, presumably).

Documented here: https://docs.microsoft.c...#net-framework-projects
ClausAppel3Shape
#6 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 11:25:36 AM(UTC)

ejball;14811 wrote:
I solved this in NCrunch Configuration > General Settings > Build Settings > Custom build properties by adding RunAnalyzers = false.

Remco, you may want to do this automatically (unless Allow code analysis is true, presumably).

Documented here: https://docs.microsoft.c...#net-framework-projects

Thanks, but this didn't make any difference for me.
ClausAppel3Shape
#4 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 12:07:09 PM(UTC)

ClausAppel3Shape;14642 wrote:
Remco;14639 wrote:

Thanks. Where do I set "Additional files to include"? I see no such setting when I go to Extensions -> NCrunch -> Configuration and search.

I figured this out. The setting is not visible nor searchable when "General Settings" is selected. I have to unfold "General Settings" and select either "My Settings" or "Shared Settings". This seems to fix my immediate problem.