Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
The FrameworkReference 'Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App.WPF' was not recognized
Remco
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 12:09:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Magbr;14837 wrote:
.net 4.8 builds fine with dotnet build.
No errors as I can see from launching the testhost executables.

Can you confirm that you are able to run tests under other versions of .NET?

Are you able to produce this issue in a small sample project that is disconnected from your work?
Magbr
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 9:15:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I believe this is somehow related to the magnitude of the solution(60 projects). It doesn't happen in the small console sample.

Tests run fine in other assemblies.

Would it be a problem that the .net 4.8 assembly references assemblies with other .net framework versions?
Remco
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 11:19:58 AM(UTC)

Magbr;14839 wrote:

Would it be a problem that the .net 4.8 assembly references assemblies with other .net framework versions?

Unless you have the preload assembly references setting enabled, this is unlikely to be the cause of the problem.

The process is self terminating before NCrunch can even properly initialise it, which means this is very structural. It could be something in your environment.

Does switching the version of .NET used by the test project in question make any difference?
Magbr
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 5:48:44 PM(UTC)

Remco;14840 wrote:
Magbr;14839 wrote:

Unless you have the preload assembly references setting enabled, this is unlikely to be the cause of the problem.

Does switching the version of .NET used by the test project in question make any difference?

It's not enabled.

Ooo interesting, it turns out the 4.4.0.8 update fixed builds of the 4.8 projects. However the ones that aren't building now are actually netcoreapp2.2 projects...

Also interestingly if I change those to core 3.1 they build...!

Side note: whenever I make a change, the gui uncollapses some tests every time. Even though nothing in that assembly is pinned. Quite annoying
Remco
#28 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 12:28:35 AM(UTC)

Are these problems inconsistent or do they happen for the same projects every time?
Magbr
#29 Posted : Friday, July 3, 2020 1:37:06 PM(UTC)

The same projects are uncollapsed every time
Remco
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 12:22:07 AM(UTC)

Magbr;14844 wrote:

How about the build issues?

Are you able to reproduce the netcoreapp2.2 build issues in a sample project?
Magbr
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 7:57:49 PM(UTC)

Magbr;14844 wrote:

Hi, could we get back to this? I believe I got the other issues sorted.

However this one is so annoying. I've noticed an additional thing. If I change the test code everything is fine. But if I change some param in an InlineData attribute that's when it happens. Have to scroll and close a lot of things down usually.

Thanks!
Remco
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2020 11:25:31 PM(UTC)

Magbr;15043 wrote:

However this one is so annoying. I've noticed an additional thing. If I change the test code everything is fine. But if I change some param in an InlineData attribute that's when it happens. Have to scroll and close a lot of things down usually.
Thanks!

This one is by design. The Tests Window is designed to expand to show newly added tests when they are detected by the discovery system. When you change an InlineData attribute, you physically create a new test in the discovery result. If you want to keep these tests hidden, simply unselect the 'Show unexecuted tests' option on the Tests Window toolbar. The tests should automatically hide again once they have been executed by NCrunch (assuming they pass and the 'Show passing tests' filter option is disabled).

Note that the same logic applies to tests that show up with a new failure result. Similarly, if you want to hide these tests, there is a toolbar option for them.
Magbr
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:43:41 PM(UTC)

Remco;15044 wrote:
Magbr;15043 wrote:

Thanks!

This one is by design. The Tests Window is designed to expand to show newly added tests when they are detected by the discovery system. When you change an InlineData attribute, you physically create a new test in the discovery result. If you want to keep these tests hidden, simply unselect the 'Show unexecuted tests' option on the Tests Window toolbar. The tests should automatically hide again once they have been executed by NCrunch (assuming they pass and the 'Show passing tests' filter option is disabled).

Note that the same logic applies to tests that show up with a new failure result. Similarly, if you want to hide these tests, there is a toolbar option for them.

it's fine that it expands to show new tests, but it also expands projects where there are no new tests. Which is quite tedious to close every time we edit an InlineAttribute. Which is quite often during parameterized integration testing..
Remco
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:24:50 PM(UTC)

Magbr;15050 wrote:

it's fine that it expands to show new tests, but it also expands projects where there are no new tests. Which is quite tedious to close every time we edit an InlineAttribute. Which is quite often during parameterized integration testing..

Are you making use of any random data in your tests? The Tests Window should only be expanding tree nodes when the data underneath those node changes. If you have tests with inconsistent names (i.e. due to random parameters), this might cause an issue.
Magbr
#34 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 5:41:10 PM(UTC)

Remco;15052 wrote:
Magbr;15050 wrote:

Are you making use of any random data in your tests? The Tests Window should only be expanding tree nodes when the data underneath those node changes. If you have tests with inconsistent names (i.e. due to random parameters), this might cause an issue.

Oh yes, that makes sense. Some tests use auto generated data. Is it possible to disable this behavior?
UppSol
#24 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 7:28:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Magbr;14837 wrote:
.net 4.8 builds fine with dotnet build.
No errors as I can see from launching the testhost executables.

I had similar issues, have a look here, it may helps you:

https://forum.ncrunch.ne...TM---NCrunch-Error.aspx

Br
Remco
#35 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 8:21:38 PM(UTC)

Magbr;15050 wrote:

Oh yes, that makes sense. Some tests use auto generated data. Is it possible to disable this behavior?

You can ignore the tests using the Ignored Tests option. However, it isn't possible for NCrunch to control the manner in which your tests are generated or how they behave at runtime - that's up to your test code and the test framework.
Magbr
#36 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2020 2:15:10 PM(UTC)

Remco;15059 wrote:
Magbr;15050 wrote:

You can ignore the tests using the Ignored Tests option. However, it isn't possible for NCrunch to control the manner in which your tests are generated or how they behave at runtime - that's up to your test code and the test framework.

I was thinking like disable expand on discovery of new tests.

Actually the two tests that are expanded, doesn't have anything generated in the test name, parameterization etc. they're just [Fact]'s.

E.g.
[Fact]
public async Task SendReceiptOnEmail()

Fyi this is the first test in that test assembly.