Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tests not respecting Parallelizable attribute
mabati
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2020 11:18:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

My project uses NUnit and we use NCrunch in devs' local machines to run them.

I am trying to find the best way to run some tests in parallel. Because of some reasons it might not be worth mentioning, I want some test fixtures to only execute one at a time, but when they are executing I'd like all tests withing that fixture to run in parallel.

All other tests that are not in these fixture can run in parallel with any other fixtures or tests.

To do this, I set [Parallelizable(ParallelScope.All)] in all test assemblies and in the fixtures that I want to run one at a time I set [Parallelizable(ParallelScope.Children)] in the class level.

Then I pinned all tests in these test fixtures and set ncrunch to run all pinned tests in parallel. I would expect that NCrunch would run these fixtures one after the other, but instead it seems like it is trying to run them at the same time (my indication is that I can see all of them with status 'Running' in the Processing Queue.

I would like help figuring out if I am doing something wrong in my setup or if ncrunch will not take the attributes into account when running tests.

NCrunch Version: 4.3.0.13

NUnit: 3.8.1
NUnit.ConsoleRunner: 3.7.0
NUnit.Extension.NUnitV2ResultWriter: 3.6.0
NUnit3TestAdapter: 3.8.0

Thank you!
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 12:34:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting.

Due to technical limitations, we cannot support the use of this attribute or any of NUnit's parallel execution features.

To run these tests in parallel under NCrunch, please use NCrunch's parallel execution features instead.