Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share NCrunch configuration with team
davidb
#1 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2012 3:27:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

When a team make use of NCrunch it would be nice to have the option of sharing some of the NCrunch settings with everyone. That would make sure everyone works the same way. For example, if I define a Custom Engine Mode where I exclude some tests by their category I'd like to prevent every team member from having to define this Engine Mode on their machine.

I suggest something along the R# 6.1 Settings management: http://www.jetbrains.com...per/whatsnew/#settings.

David
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:04:33 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1275 time(s) in 1183 post(s)
Hi David -

There are some long term goals to better enable this sort of thing, though it requires quite a bit of investment .. so it's a bit far down my list at the moment. However, something you may find useful is that NCrunch stores the custom engine modes in the .ncrunchsolution file, which is also the file containing solution level build/test configuration for your entire team. If you ensure this file is checked into your source control system, you should have the engine modes shared.

You can find some more information about NCrunch settings files in this thread: http://forum.ncrunch.net...-when-code-changes.aspx

Cheers,

Remco
AaronTorgerson
#3 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:25:30 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I would like to echo David's request. We are sharing NCrunch configuration files in source control among several developers, and are having some trouble with more preference-oriented settings being overwritten anytime someone changes a setting or ignores a test. It would be nice to have a more well-defined separation of team/user settings.

Thanks!

Aaron
Remco
#4 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 9:03:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1275 time(s) in 1183 post(s)
Hi Aaron -

Can you share any details about which shared settings you would consider to be preference-orientated but are currently stored in team files? This will help me to identify a more logical split between them.

Thanks!

Remco