Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Double Clicking Failed Test Results in Test Off Screen
Mark
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:44:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
As I was refactoring my tests, I used the NCrunch Test window to view the failing tests. When I double click the failed test, the editor window moves the cursor to the test but the cursor ends up outside of the range of the visible text. The cursor is about 9 lines above the top of the window so a short test is not at all visible in the editor window after double clicking the test. The cursor is correctly placed at the beginning of the test it is just not visible.

The scrolling goes to the same spot regardless whether the cursor is above or below the test when clicking.
Windows 7 64 bit, VS 2010 Ultimate, Resharper 6.1.1000.82, NCrunch 1.38.0.16B. I have a couple of screenshots I can email if they are useful. Let me know if any other info would be useful. This is a side by side install with VS 11 Beta, with associated R# and NCrunch however it is not currently running.

Thanks,
Mark Smith
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:18:49 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi Mark,

Thanks for posting! NCrunch has two known limitations around the test navigation at the moment:

1. NCrunch doesn't yet track the locations of the method signatures in your codebase (only the lines they contain), so navigation is always to the first line of executable code within a method. I'm looking at introducing future changes in this area.
2. Right now there is a known defect caused by collapsed regions that tend to throw off the navigation in certain situations. If you're having trouble with this, try turning off outlining in your VS editor and see if this makes a difference.

I wasn't aware of situations where the navigation could place the cursor on the border of the visible area though ... are you able to share any line number counts with me to help me reproduce the issue?

Cheers,

Remco
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
Mark on 4/1/2012(UTC)
Mark
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:30:55 PM(UTC)

I'll do one better, I'll forward the entire solution. Give me a couple minutes and you'll have a snapshot of the solution with a test failing, I'll attach the screenshots too.
Mark
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:37:34 PM(UTC)

Update: There is a collapsed section in the code. Opening up that collapsed section changes the navigation. Depending on how large of a section that's collapsed it changes how far up the test ends up on screen. Collapsing a large enough region makes it so that it's off the screen.
1 user thanked Mark for this useful post.
Remco on 4/1/2012(UTC)