Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch not respecting FilesExcludedFromAutoBuild config option
james
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:15:18 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi

I may be configuring things wrongly but I've not been able to find adequate documentation

I'm using ApprovalTests and have the following configuration:

Code:
// TestProject.v3.ncrunchproject

<ProjectConfiguration>
  <Settings>
    <FilesExcludedFromAutoBuild>
      <Value>*.received.txt</Value>
    </FilesExcludedFromAutoBuild>

However, the tests still continuously trigger with no changes to any code files and the log output from NCrunch has the following lines repeated over and over.

Code:
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 ?-21] Publishing Event: [FsFileCreatedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt]
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 ?-21] Event [FsFileCreatedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt] is being published on thread CoreThread to subscriber: ProjectSynchronisationBuffer.
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 ?-21] Event [FsFileCreatedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt] is being published on thread UIThread to subscriber: SharedEventPump.
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 Core-24] Event [FsFileCreatedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt] is being processed on Core thread with subscriber: ProjectSynchronisationBuffer.
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 ?-75] Publishing Event: [FsFileDeletedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt]
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 ?-75] Event [FsFileDeletedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt] is being published on thread CoreThread to subscriber: ProjectSynchronisationBuffer.
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 ?-75] Event [FsFileDeletedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt] is being published on thread UIThread to subscriber: SharedEventPump.
[PID:48640 17:23:49.3839 Core-97] Event [FsFileDeletedEvent:TestProject\TestProject.csproj:C:\...\TestProject\_approvals\TestClass.TestMethod.received.txt] is being processed on Core thread with subscriber: ProjectSynchronisationBuffer.

Docs don't suggest how to set the exclude pattern

https://www.ncrunch.net/...xcluded-from-auto-build

I've tried:

• *.received.*
  • *.received.txt
  • **/*.received.*
  • **/_approvals/*.received.*

The first two don't exclude the change tracking of these files as shown above. The second 2 produce the following error message:

Quote:
Please enter a valid wildcard expression (i.e. '*.txt')

Thanks for any assistance on this.

James
Remco
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 12:44:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi,

See here for more information on how to solve this problem - https://forum.ncrunch.net/yaf_postst3104_ApprovalTest.aspx
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
james on 3/31/2021(UTC)
james
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2021 4:52:13 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks ever so much. I did a quick search on the forums for "ApprovalTests" but didn't find that post.

It may be worth updating the documentation page for the FilesExcludedFromAutoBuild option? a) to mention what wildcard syntax is valid and b) to warn about the new project type auto including files.

Thanks again :)