Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Test is stuck in "Pending" mode
idokalir
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2021 1:13:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have a simple test class with two test methods, testing classes in a .Net framework DLL.

At first I got the error "Could not load file or assembly [...] Strong name validation failed.", even though other test frameworks had no problems running these tests. So I disabled NCrunch signing of this project using "Prevent signing of output assembly". I even set the platform and configuration manually via NCrunch settings, and restarted the system.

Now I'm not getting the error, but I can run the test either. The test is stuck in "Pending, Prioritised, Impacted".

This is a super simple test which literally spans across TWO lines of code, and tests if a property is true. The test is easily run with Resharper. Also, the other test in the same test class doesn't even show in NCrunch.

Can anyone help?
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2021 12:42:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this problem.

If you check the NCrunch processing queue, can you see if it's tried to run the Test task? Are there any errors there?

If you create a new solution with a single test project targeting the same version of .NET, are you able to run tests in this project?

Edit: Also check what you have for this setting to make sure you haven't excluded the test from execution on your machine - https://www.ncrunch.net/documentation/reference_global-configuration_tests-to-execute-on-this-machine