Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Another IOException in Grid Node service
Terry Kinney
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 7:42:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

I'm also getting an IOException in the grid node service. I'm unsure if this is the same cause as the other thread as the exception message is not the same. I have the VS2022 preview 7 installed on a server and my developer machine. I am unable to attempt the same temporary solution as in the other thread because this message does not indicate a file path. May be a permissions issue? But still I have no idea where it would be.

Thank you!

Quote:

Application: NCrunch.GridNode.Service.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].AddSearchableDirsToStack(SearchData)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]..ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.__Canon>)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(System.String, System.String, System.IO.SearchOption)
at nCrunch.Common.IO.DirectoryPath.GetAllFiles(System.String)
at nCrunch.GridNode.StorableSnapshot.RefreshKnownFiles()
at nCrunch.GridNode.StorableSnapshot..ctor(nCrunch.Common.IO.DirectoryPath)
at nCrunch.GridNode.NodeSnapshotStore.(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 11:51:40 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for sharing this issue.

This does look like a file access problem. The first thing I'd try here is to clear out the Node's snapshot storage directory, then recreate it and make sure that the node service has access to it.

It might also be worth to try running the node using NCrunch.GridNode.Console.exe instead of the service executable. This this will allow it to run under a different user profile, which may prove whether the issue is related to user access privileges.
Terry Kinney
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 7:36:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There was indeed a corrupted folder in the snapshot directory. Got rid of it and everything works fine!

Thank you!
1 user thanked Terry Kinney for this useful post.
Remco on 10/27/2021(UTC)