Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

.NET MAUI Support
npateman
#1 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2022 5:37:19 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I was just wondering if .NET MAUI support was on the horizon? I have a MAUI class library that I am currently unit testing and I have to use the Test Explorer to run these tests as NCrunch doesn't support the different target platforms (AFAIK). Or maybe there is a way to enable it?

The code in question.

https://github.com/devoc...asschamp.Maui.UnitTests

Of course MAUI hasn't gone gold yet but that's expected to happen soon.

Thanks.
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2022 1:08:17 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi,

Thanks for flagging this up. Support for MAUI is unavoidable for us given that everything seems to be moving in this direction. Given its preview situation we haven't done any extensive testing in this area. I was hoping it would work through the existing abstractions, but a quick test on the code you've provided shows what looks like a framework resolution error.

I can't say at this time how soon we'll be able to add support for this platform, but I'll be taking a closer look at it over the next week to see what's involved.
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
npateman on 7/2/2022(UTC)
npateman
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2022 7:53:23 AM(UTC)

Thanks for the speedy reply, that's great to hear that it is very much on your horizon. I look forward to trying it out in a future release! Thanks.
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2022 12:51:48 PM(UTC)

npateman
#6 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 9:23:46 PM(UTC)

Sorry for the delay, just about to try this out!
npateman
#5 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 9:45:55 PM(UTC)

Awesome, everything build and all tests run as expected, it took a bit of time but then that was first run. I should be able to give more real-world testing tomorrow hopefully!

One error appeared in the Tests window.. (not sure if important)

---

NCrunch was unable to restore Nuget packages required to build a test environment for this solution, due to an unspecified failure when invoking 'msbuild.exe /t:restore'

The following packages do not exist under the Nuget packages folder for the active user profile, yet they have been flagged by NCrunch as potentially needed for normal operation. NCrunch has attempted to restore these files via an MSBuild restore step, which has either failed or not returned the expected result. It's possible that these packages may not be needed for building projects or running tests in your environment. If you experience downstream problems with NCrunch on this solution, it is recommended you restore or download the packages manually.

Note that the restore of packages may fail if NCrunch is being hosted under a windows account that does not have sufficient rights to store files in the Nuget packages directory.System.Threading.Thread v4.0.0

Click here to remove this error

---
Remco
#7 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2022 11:41:05 PM(UTC)

Great to hear! I noticed that the MAUI projects are extremely large and seem to have a very long build time (even outside of NCrunch). I hope they find a way to speed these up in future.

The warning you've been given isn't a big deal unless you're experiencing runtime issues. If you add a reference to the missing package using a dummy project, VS will restore it and the warning will go away. Otherwise, you can also ignore it.