Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Build failed on [DataRow(null)]
TimVisma
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2024 7:14:43 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am using Rider 2024.1.2 with NCrunch 5.8.0.2 and I got the following error:

Quote:
NCrunch has encountered an internal error: System.Exception: Unsupported DataRowAttribute argument type. NCrunch does not support this version of MSTest under StaticAnalysis. Please report this problem and switch to DynamicAnalysis to use NCrunch with this assembly
at nCrunch.Compiler.CilProcessingTasks.ConcurrentCilTaskProcessor.ProcessTasks(Int32 backgroundThreadsAllowed)
at nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.(ComponentInstrumentationParameters , BuildOutput , IBackgroundTaskProcessor )
at nCrunch.Compiler.RemoteBuildRunner.PerformPostProcessingOfBuiltAssembly(ComponentInstrumentationParameters instrumentationParameters, BuildOutput output, IBackgroundTaskProcessor backgroundTaskProcessor)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildEnvironment..()
at nCrunch.Common.PerformanceTracking.PerfTracker.TrackActivity(String name, Action activity)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildEnvironment.Build(SnapshotComponent snapshotComponentToBuild, IList`1 referencedComponents, GridClientId gridClientId, IList`1 customEnvironmentVariables, IPlatformBuildExtender extender, Guid taskId, GridClientDescription clientDescription, Boolean extractCoverageReportStructure)

The issue is related to the test attribute: [DataRow(null)]. When I comment it out, both the build and tests pass successfully.

Greetz,

Tim
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2024 11:12:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 1183 post(s)
Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing this issue.

When using NCrunch with MSTest under Static Analysis, NCrunch doesn't support working with DataRow tests that use reference types as parameters. This is a technical limitation caused by the difficulty in uniquely identifying and transferring such types from a static environment (where there are no runtime types) to a dynamic one (where the test is run).

If you need tests to be expressed this way, I recommend changing your Framework Utilisation Type for MSTest to 'DynamicAnalysis'. This will resolve the issue for you.
TimVisma
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2024 11:56:13 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Remco,

Thanks for the response. When I am using DynamicAnalysis, the build will then succeed and so will the tests themselves.

Greetz,

Tim