Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Visual distractions when doing NCrunch stuff in Rider
Der-Albert.com
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2024 7:09:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 50 time(s) in 47 post(s)
Hi,

I have some visual distractions with NCrunch in Rider.

Flashing Windows:

All my NCrunch Tool Windows are but to Bottom Right.

https://snipboard.io/loi75E.jpg
If I switch between the NCrunch Windows. Then I see little empty "popover" Windows in the Size of the NCrunch Windows appears split Seconds top left on the Screen (not IDE).
Then it seems to move around the IDE Docking Positions (Top Left, Top Right in the IDE) but not changing the layout of the IDE, just as a lighter gray (in my case) overlay, and then
settle in the Bottom Right position. This is a bit challenging.

This also happens when I switch the Tool Windows in the Bottom-Left Area, If a NCrunch Windows is shown in Bottom-right. If no NCrunch Window is visible, no flashy things.

It also does not happens with Tool Windows in the Left-Top and Right-Top Area, it does not matter if a NCrunch Window is shown or not.

Test Windows Content in jumping

In the Test Window I scrolled down a little to see some specific tests, then I'm coding, and then the Content jumps three to ford Times, does not move the scrollbar, and then it is on the original position again.

-> Only Showing Passing and Failed Test, everything is collapsed except the test I'm looking at.
Remco
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2024 1:01:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 1183 post(s)
Thanks for sharing these issues.

Unfortunately, I don't see us as having much power to solve these issues right now. The mechanism through which the tool windows is bolted into the Rider IDE is built on several layers of systems that we don't have control over. Although we CAN control the content of the tool windows, the mounting system is built into the IDE itself and works using a JetBrains wormhole system that is just breaking out of an experimental state.

The wormhole system is not simple. It's built using a shared memory pipe that pushes visuals across from another process and renders them on a JVM based platform. The good news is that JB themselves are beginning to use this extensively for Rider internally, so I expect that it's going to improve over time, but right now we lack the capability to troubleshoot and resolve these problems.
Der-Albert.com
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2024 1:36:13 PM(UTC)

Hi,

I can see that the wormwhole may be responsible for the "Flashing Windows" stuff. Sad for now, but hopefully will be addressed in the future.

But for the jumping Content, I mean just Treeview of the Tests. And would assume that this is under the Control from NCrunch.
Remco
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2024 10:55:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1274 time(s) in 1183 post(s)
Der-Albert.com;17459 wrote:

But for the jumping Content, I mean just Treeview of the Tests. And would assume that this is under the Control from NCrunch.

This is the one I'm not sure about. This feels like a buffering issue, perhaps related to the way windows messages are pushed through wormhole (which isn't under our control). Does it happen consistently for you?
Der-Albert.com
#5 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2024 5:29:17 AM(UTC)

Thank you for your patience… Yes… it happens consistently… when not sorted by the Name… D`oh! Nevermind
1 user thanked Der-Albert.com for this useful post.
Remco on 7/15/2024(UTC)