Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Markers disappearing
moss
#1 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 5:23:52 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I installed a RAM disk software at work today. It is this one: http://memory.dataram.co...rvices/software/ramdisk

I formatted it to NTFS (FAT32 initially).

After setting the workspace base path to the RAM disk, and restarting VS2010 (Professional), I will initially see the marker dots. As soon as nCrunch builds the solution, the markers will disappear. I have tried "rebuild all" and resyncing nCrunch, to no avail.

If revert to using the default workspace base path and restart VS, everything will be back to normal.

My work machine runs 64bit Win 7 Professional.

I'm using nCrunch at home as well, with 32 bit Win 7 Home Premium, VS2010 Ultimate and gavotte RAM disk, and have not had any problems.

Mustafa
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, May 14, 2012 9:06:26 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Moss,

Thanks for posting! If you look under the processing queue, do you see any errors against any of the build tasks?

Also, can you share the exact file path you have configured NCrunch to point to on your RAM disk?

Thanks!

Remco
moss
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:57:35 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I don't see any errors in the processing queue. All of the tasks are in status "complete".

I also noticed that changing the path and resyncing are enough to exhibit this behaviour, i.e. markers disappear when I change the path to RAM disk and resync, and reappear when revert the path and resync. Restarting VS is not necessary.

The RAM disk is mounted as E: drive so I was using e:/ncrunch as the workspace base path.

After I wrote the above, I thought, "hmm, what am I really using for the slash, a forward one or a backward one?" I was using a forward one and it turns out that this was the culprit. Using e:\ncrunch works.

I don't know if that grid widget used in numerous properties windows allows buttons inside cells, but if it does, it would be helpful to place a "browse" kind of a button on that cell (the common type with three dots). Validation of the value would be helpful too, if that's possible.

Thanks.

Mustafa
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:03:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks - this makes good sense. I fully agree that the configuration options are very simple at this stage and are in need of some improvement. Thanks for the feedback.