Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Just Installed, All Test Markers Stay Black. No Testing
jcarroll
#1 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2012 2:24:56 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
HI,

I am very new to TDD so I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing just yet. I have followed the quick start guide and I have just finished the configuration wizard. No tests are ever queued and next to methods are black circles, not the blue circles described in the quick start guide.

NCrunch is enabled
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 x64
Windows 7 x64

I was under the impression that NCrunch came with some tests out of the box. If not, how do I make my own tests?

Thanks,
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 3:53:20 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

Something that often catches people if they click through the first time use wizard too quickly is that the default setting in this wizard is to 'Ignore all tests' initially. The reasoning behind this is that people will often run NCrunch against very large solutions with many complex integration tests that aren't always fully prepared for continuous execution.

If this is the case - try turning on the 'Show ignored tests' option on the toolbar of the Tests Window. It's the grey circle with a cross through it. You can unignore the tests by selecting the ones you want to run continuously and right-clicking on them.

If the above isn't the case, please let me know and we'll try something else!

Cheers,

Remco
jcarroll
#3 Posted : Monday, July 2, 2012 11:45:16 AM(UTC)

Hi Remco,

I tried unhiding the tests and no tests are shown in the tests window. The message "No Tests are queued for execution. Monitoring" is displayed at the top of the test window. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Remco
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 8:29:17 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Thanks for trying this. Can you share any details about the setup you're running? Which test framework are you using? Do you have an existing test runner that you make use of right now?

Beyond this, the next thing we need to do is to identify whether this issue is specific to the solution you're working in, or whether it has a wider scope.

Do you experience the same issue on any other solutions? What happens if you create a simple test solution and add a unit test?
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
jcarroll on 7/3/2012(UTC)
jcarroll
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:37:38 AM(UTC)

I tried making a unit test and it shows up in the test list. Now I think I understand how to use this plugin. I write a separate test app (Unit Test or one of the other test options NCrunch provides). Then NCrunch runs these tests constantly so I'm aware of any compatibility breaking changes. Obviously NCrunch doesn't know how to test my class, only I know how to. I did get a simple test case to run, thanks for the help.
1 user thanked jcarroll for this useful post.
Remco on 7/3/2012(UTC)