Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch & RIA Services => build error
Andir
#1 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 8:16:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I'm trying to enable nCrunch for project with RIA Services link and getting next error:
..\..\..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v4.0\Microsoft.Ria.Client.targets (303)#1: The Silverlight project 'SomeProj.csproj' has a WCF RIA Services Link to the project 'C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\NCrunch\14180\135\SomeProj.Web\SomeProj.Web.csproj' which does not exist.
Did you rename or move that project?

How to resolve it?
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 11:12:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

At the moment NCrunch doesn't officially support Silverlight projects, so I can't guarantee that it will be possible to get this working.

One thing that may work is to add the entire Web project (with all of its source files) to the linking project by using the 'Additional files to include' configuration setting. This will cause NCrunch to copy the Web project adjacent to the linking project as if it were an additional resource. Essentially NCrunch creates separate sandboxed workspaces for each of your projects, stripping out the relationships between them and managing these relationships dynamically inside the workspaces. Right now NCrunch does not support handling WCF RIA Services links.

Cheers,

Remco
Andir
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 4:57:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Remco;2681 wrote:
At the moment NCrunch doesn't officially support Silverlight projects, so I can't guarantee that it will be possible to get this working.

That's bad news :-(

Quote:

One thing that may work is to add the entire Web project (with all of its source files) to the linking project by using the 'Additional files to include' configuration setting.

This isn't working because msbuild will try to compile that project, but it can't find referenced projects also.

I've seen ncrunch underhood, and I think that in that case NCrunch should use the same rewrite method for <LinkedServerProject> property in csproj which used for references and referenced projects.
Remco
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 8:58:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
This does make sense to me. I'll need to learn a bit more about the WCF linked projects to better understand if there are any special implications for NCrunch's workspacing, but I'll definitely have a look into it in more detail when introducing the silverlight support. Thanks for making me aware of this!

Cheers,

Remco