Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Use personal license at work?
MikeHanson
#1 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 12:56:51 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Will the new licensing model mentioned in your recent posts support me using my personal license at work.

As a long time contractor I come across a lot of variation in tools provided, so I have personal licenses for my preferred tools and use them at work where licensing allows. R# and Visual SVN for example allow me to install the tools on as many computers as I like as long as I am only using one at a time. So where my employer won't provide tools I use my own licenses. NCrunch for me is an essential tool, and I have introduced it into all of my contracts since discovering it, but I suspect once it becomes commercial some of these sites will be reluctant to pay and have to stop using it. It would be good to know that where I can't persuade the client to buy NCrunch I can at least avoid the frustration of not having it.

Mike
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:32:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Mike -

The intention of the Named User license is for just what you are suggesting, i.e. someone who wants to use NCrunch themselves (for work or home), without constraint on who you are working for or the type of work you are doing.

There are no restrictions on having the license set up on multiple computers, provided you are the only person that uses it. The vast majority of people that use NCrunch do so for professional purposes (and in the workplace), so to say that a Named User license couldn't be used in this situation would kind of defeat the point :)

Cheers,

Remco
MikeHanson
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:44:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Excellent, I will be buying my copy as soon as it is available.
1 user thanked MikeHanson for this useful post.
Remco on 10/15/2012(UTC)