Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Renaming Test Library
Mark
#1 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 2:01:36 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I had an issue this morning where NCrunch would refuse to build my test project even though directly building it in visual studio worked fine. I believe what happened is that when I renamed the test project, NCrunch must have held onto an old reference of the project and been using that to build. I noticed that the build failure in NCrunch was calling the project by the old name. I disabled and reenabled NCrunch and it appears that it grabbed the new reference because now the project builds fine and in the tests list, it has no mention of the old name anymore.

If this isn't clear let me know maybe I can reproduce it in a sample project but I'm hesitant because if you open my sample project with the error it'll probably work due to NCrunch reinitializing when you open the project.
Remco
#2 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2012 11:34:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Mark -

Thanks for reporting this. I'm eager to try and gain some steps to reproduce this problem. Does it happen for you consistently when you rename projects? If you can get it to happen again, try submitting a bug report - the log file may help me to find out why the engine has messed itself up.

Cheers,

Remco
Mark
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:07:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hey Remco,

I went ahead and tried reproducing it on a simple 2 library project and was unable to do so. Basically the majority of my debug session was moving files between projects, updating namespaces and changing references between projects to fix errors as I changed what was in which namespace. I guess this will just have to be one of those issues I'll keep an eye out for and if it happens again maybe I'll figure out some new details.

Thanks,
Remco
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 12:37:21 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
This was probably caused by a race condition of some kind. Do let me know if you manage to find a way to reproduce it.

Thanks!

Remco