Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Problem with MSTest
ceilingfish
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:29:59 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi Chaps,
I'm trying to use NCrunch with an MS test suite. However trying to run NCrunch results in the following error:

Quote:

NCrunch: If you are experiencing problems in getting this project to build, have a look at https://www.ncrunch.net/...ng_project-build-issues

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\TeamTest\Microsoft.TeamTest.targets (14): Could not load file or assembly 'My.Assembly.Name, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010, and I have accessors in my project (I've added "Test References\*.accessor" to the AdditionalFilesToInclude attribute of each test assemly NCrunch configuration). Is there anything else I need to do?

Cheers,
Tom

PS Tests run fine in VS2010 IDE
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:12:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Thanks for posting. This does look like a bug in NCrunch. Something with your test configuration is triggering an extra build step that most likely has an extra file dependency not tracked by NCrunch.

Would you be able to submit a bug report using the NCrunch menu after this happens to you? I'd like to look at the log file to see if I can reproduce the issue.

Also, try the following and let me know whether these make any difference:

1. Turn on 'CopyReferencedAssembliesToWorkspace' for both the test assembly and its target.
2. Try getting aggressive with adding a lot of extra files using the AdditionalFilesToInclude configuration option. While it isn't generally a good idea to use this option to include your entire solution, in this case it will help us identify whether there is a specific file dependency that is missed or whether something else interesting is going on.

Thanks!

Remco
ceilingfish
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:14:39 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,
Just wanted to say that this issue has been resolved in the latest build. Awesome work guys!

Tom
Remco
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:14:55 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.