Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch is failing to load my solution
Sohape
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:21:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi guys

I have been using NCrunch in the beta for some time now, but after I upgraded to the new version (1.42.0.12) NCrunch does not work anymore.
When I enable NCrunch it starts loading all the projects in my solution. When it is done it lists them all in the Tests windows, and writes Load failure in the Status column for all of the projects. They load fine in Visual Studio.

When I click on one of the projects I get this stacktrace displayed:

Code:
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element

Server stack trace: 
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at nCrunch.TestExecution.CustomTestConfig.#=q2dR8J$_BB5tkcYDs3Evi5e5_86auvg0W2I6HC9cI$sGpOffRaggYHRp4lkzp4piU()
   at nCrunch.TestExecution.CustomTestConfig.#=qdY2JeKBM0ld6F9qv3TxgU8muIF$zcyQNahuW1RX65ILu79gM1yYjezUfa_CVT1Fy()
   at nCrunch.TestExecution.Frameworks.Gallio.GallioTestFramework.GetDescription()
   at nCrunch.TestExecution.Frameworks.TestFrameworkRegistry.GetDescriptionForEachFramework()
   at nCrunch.TestExecution.Frameworks.FrameworkDescriptionResolver.GetDescriptionForEachFramework()
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]: 
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at nCrunch.TestExecution.Frameworks.IFrameworkDescriptionResolver.GetDescriptionForEachFramework()
   at nCrunch.Core.TestManagement.TestFrameworkDescriptionManager.EnsureDescriptionsAreLoaded()
   at nCrunch.Core.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentFactory.CreateSnapshotComponentFromXml(String projectFilePath, String projectXml, String solutionFilePath, String[] additionalFilesToIncludeAtSolutionLevel, Boolean isLoadedFromFile)

This is what I have tried to get it working again (without luck)

• Disabling and enabling NCrunch
  • Restarting Visual Studio
  • Running the configuration wizard again
  • Deleting the *ncrunchsolution file

I am using Visual Studio 2012

Can someone help me?
Remco
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 8:01:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

This looks like an upgrade issue. The NCrunch test runner is having issues resolving the Gallio test frameworks, which suggests that there are files missing from the NCrunch install directory.

The simple solution to this should be for you to uninstall all versions of NCrunch that you have installed, clear out the contents of your '\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software' directory, then reinstall v1.42.

Are you able to let me know which version of NCrunch you upgraded from? I'm hoping this isn't a widespread issue.

Thanks!

Remco
1 user thanked Remco for this useful post.
Sohape on 10/17/2012(UTC)
Sohape
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:11:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks Remco!

After uninstalling and removing the contents of the folder as you described, I reinstalled NCrunch, and it is now working again - awesome!

Unfortunately I cannot remember which version of NCrunch I was using before I upgraded.
Remco
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:37:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Great to hear! Not to worry about the version number. As long as the reinstallation works, I'm sure others will also find this thread and be able to solve the issue if they encounter it.

I hope you enjoy the new version!