Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Move coverage indicators to the line numbers gutter
DamonOverboe
#1 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 7:48:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see anything on a quick search.

I'm probably a bit different in that I only use one monitor, and I like to use a split screen; test class on the left, code on the right.

I personally subscribe to the 80 chars per line max theory; this allows plenty of space for the two classes plus the Solution Explorer or NCrunch tests panel on my monitor.

However, most people don't stick to 80 chars. I've seen some limit it to 120, I've seen most not limit it at all.

What ends up happening in that scenario is that the NCrunch coverage indicators are not seen if I have to scroll to the right. I usually go ahead and "fix" their code for them, and I guess I could turn on line wrapping, but turning that on enables them and myself to exceed the 80char limit :-D

Would it be difficult to move the coverage indicator into the line numbers gutter? If you need screenshots to help this request make sense, let me know :-D
Remco
#2 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2013 9:19:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1259 time(s) in 1172 post(s)
Hi, thanks for the suggestion! Although I don't think anyone has requested this before, it is a task that exists in the backlog simply because it makes good sense and would solve a few problems at the same time. I haven't yet managed to form a detailed assessment of the effort involved (it's VS integration, so effort could be anywhere from 2 hours to many months), but it is a feature that I hope will be added in the near future, hopefully in NCrunch V2.

Cheers,

Remco