Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

NCrunch with StyleCop
mikeblake
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:24:05 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Please can you test with StyleCop with the target and dll referenced in the project using local paths (eg ..\..\Build\StyleCop...).

(Also, please enable the right click on the messages window so it is more obvious I can copy and paste).

Thanks - mikeblake a hotmail

"NCrunch: If you are experiencing problems in getting this project to build, have a look at https://www.ncrunch.net/...ng_project-build-issues

C:\Documents and Settings\blakem\Local Settings\Application Data\NCrunch\8508\10\Build\StyleCop\Microsoft.StyleCop.Targets (94): The "StyleCopTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Documents and Settings\blakem\Local Settings\Application Data\NCrunch\8508\10\Build\StyleCop\Microsoft.StyleCop.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Documents and Settings\blakem\Local Settings\Application Data\NCrunch\8508\10\Build\StyleCop\Microsoft.StyleCop.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask."

PS the Bug submitter had an error, can you provide more exception details as the target audience is developers.
mikeblake
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:17:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

RTFM!

I think I need to use the "Include" feature as the proj file has relative paths.
Could the Wizard include this or look for ..\ in the imports?

Thanks

m
Remco
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:53:35 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1256 time(s) in 1169 post(s)
Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting! NCrunch does its best to pick up file dependencies for projects, but there are still a few things it's missing .. I think that task binaries are one of them. When in doubt, just use the AdditionalFilesToInclude setting to make sure you have the dependencies included. Do also let me know of any other dependencies you find that should be obviously specified in the project file, as it would be best if NCrunch could catch as many as possible.

Cheers,

Remco