Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

ncrunch can' t build at first time.
binygal
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:52:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Just installed ncrunch on fresh machine and got this exception (it's the first time I'm running it on this machine):
nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ProcessLoadTimeoutException: Load of external process with ID f5342e21fac44125a537b4fd83fbc074 has failed due to timeout
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.#=qW0CUjgNV4XwJgl6Zcj2QTA==(ProcessorArchitecture #=qaP8dSs1vqSc8UIGoz6L3f3H1CmC0Lpe8udeHTlzwims=, Nullable`1 #=q1K2Sbs8NRqnWQOXlCfzw0efEnV98YSSbO8rs898r0sk=, Type #=q$ozZN0sYvyKK3F0MSWwBEw==, String #=qmgmg1eqlO5ddFM8XiGLCWM$873ga5P_Jjm7GqAv5R4Q=, String #=q1ZMyuvXG8AYQeAX0dGoKfQ==, String #=qG9rXf1d2QRqnTYcuFCE1xFlnbZlbtjwcS_Gn01ICPro=, Boolean #=qsLnpuAN8diJHPjqNDWldbf50L1p__bdJ7nhdWRlQyKA=, String #=qbhOWqeQDQ$bF0T3VAW7Mjg==)
at nCrunch.Core.ProcessManagement.ExternalProcessManager.LoadExternalProcess(ProcessLoadParameters parameters)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.#=qnyZWspe1BTooFkeTlDv_vHEpI01VX2_If4ytAT01HGLdrpLT0i4kUwxu3VkYaktK(Action`1 #=q7Kg23DgbqaV0bXpCK2GuUg==, ProcessorArchitecture #=qLBfKJv2yF$1xs1pk_nwb$ERlHYPEMYxWz1yERKoDzhg=)
at nCrunch.Core.BuildManagement.BuildProcessLauncher.AnalyseComponentBuildInExternalProcess(String projectFilePath, String buildXml, String useBuildConfiguration, String useBuildPlatform, String solutionDir, IList`1 importExpressionsToEvaluate, ProcessorArchitecture processorArchitecture)
at nCrunch.Core.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentFactory.#=qNJLRqbtMKVFJq3Q60qVH0hrU$caR$ydSFYrvHTiiNr4=(ProcessorArchitecture #=q7H6MgXcZ2Sjl90iPiPumKQzJfDwkeOlxE3fBheGNwnM=)
at nCrunch.Core.ComponentLoader.SnapshotComponentFactory.CreateSnapshotComponentFromXml(String projectFilePath, String projectXml, String solutionFilePath, String[] additionalFilesToIncludeAtSolutionLevel, Boolean isLoadedFromFile)
Remco
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:51:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 1257 time(s) in 1170 post(s)
Hi, thanks for posting!

This issue appears when NCrunch tries to create a process in which to execute tests. In rare situations where the process completely fails to initialise, the invocation will time out.

Is it possible that you've set up the test project or NCrunch to create an x64 testing environment on a machine running a 32-bit operating system?
binygal
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:13:12 PM(UTC)

no its 64-bit operating system. could it be because my are projects built upon 32-bit?
Remco
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:55:58 PM(UTC)

There shouldn't be any problems with running x86 processes on an x64 processor - so most likely it will be something else. I'm wondering if you'd be able to help with answering a few quick questions - this will help with narrowing down the cause of the problem:

- Which version of Visual Studio are you running?
- How would you describe the machine you're working on? (i.e. low spec, mid-range, high spec)
- Is this problem appearing consistently for the solution you're working in? Or is it intermittent?
- Has NCrunch managed to run any tests at all in this solution?
- If you create a small new test solution with a single project and a small test that does nothing, is NCrunch able to run this test without the exception showing?

It would also be great if you could submit a bug report after the issue has appeared. I'll then be able to examine the trace output to see if there is an obvious cause.

Thanks!

Remco
binygal
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:55:34 AM(UTC)

I'm using visual studio 2012.2
the machine is high- spec
The problem is appearing consistently
NCrunch failed on loading every single project in the solution.
The same problem with simple test solution (default console project+ simple test).

Remco
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2013 10:50:50 PM(UTC)

Thanks for sending through the bug report. I'm wondering if you'd be able to try the following steps:

1. Reinstall NCrunch: Run the uninstaller, ensure that the directory at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software" and everything in it is removed, then run the installer for the latest version.

.. if this doesn't appear to help:

2. Verify that you have v2.0, v3.5 and v4.0 of the .NET framework installed (check inside C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework for the existence of directories)

.. if this seems to bed OK:

3. Try changing the Use hosted task runner global configuration setting to 'FALSE'

.. if this doesn't help:

3. Browse to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Remco Software\NCrunch for Visual Studio 2012\". Try running the following executables directly using explorer:

nCrunch.BuildHost.x64.exe
nCrunch.BuildHost.x86.exe
nCrunch.TestHost.x64.exe
nCrunch.TestHost.x86.exe
nCrunch.Host.x86.exe
nCrunch.Host.x64.exe
nCrunch.TaskRunner20.x64.exe
nCrunch.TaskRunner20.x86.exe
nCrunch.TaskRunner40.x64.exe
nCrunch.TaskRunner40.x86.exe

.. Each of these programs should start to execute, then explode with a standard .NET exception, probably a NullReferenceException. Do they all follow this pattern? Or are there any that behave differently? (i.e. refuse to load with a different error?).